Parkland College Scholarships
Parkland Fine and Applied Arts music and theatre scholarships cover full tuition and fees. Our scholarships are open to high school graduates, those with high school equivalent or above education, and students currently attending Parkland College. Scholarships are awarded in May on a semester basis and may be renewed for up to four semesters.
All scholarship students must:
- Carry at least 12 credit hours (full time) at Parkland each semester.
- Maintain a 3.0 overall grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) starting from the semester the scholarship is awarded/accepted.
- Start the application process by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Download the music application, print it out, and send it to the Financial Aid office in A170.
- Must be a degree-seeking student enrolled in the Music A.F.A. program.
- Participate in two Parkland music ensembles per semester
Music majors are required to designate a primary instrument and applicants should audition on their primary instrument.
- A short prepared piece. Music does not have to be memorized. Musical selection should be from classical or art music repertoire for your instrument or voice. (Popular music is not preferred).
- Playing/singing of major and minor scales and arpeggios. (No minimum tempo required).
- Sight-reading either vocally or on your instrument.
Audition will consist of the following:
Contact: Dr. Peter Roubal at 217-351-2366 to schedule auditions after April 1.